#156: "H" is for Hugs
We continue the Fight for Family series with "H is for Hugs." Affection, physical touch, and affirmation are all things we invite you to give your kids.
Here's the reality, parents... if they don't get it from you... they will look for it elsewhere.
Listen and grow in your understanding of how a parent's loving touch can change the heart of a child. Your affection, love, and kindness can fill your child's love cup up. It can change their hard heart towards you.
Did you know you need 4 hugs a day? Really?
- We need 4 hugs a day for survival.
- We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance.
- We need 12 hugs a day for growth.
Here are 25 reasons you need hugs:
- Hugging helps us fight stress and keep us healthier.
- Hugging boosts the body’s immune system.
- Hugging releases oxytocin which relieves anxiety.
- Hugging helps us to bond.
- Hugging gives us skin contact that our bodies need.
- Hugging increases serotonin in the body, making us happier.
- Hugging leads to a balanced nervous system.
- Hugging uses nonverbal communication.
- Hugging provides multiple health benefits.
- Hugging raises our level of dopamine reducing depression.
- Hugging connects us.
- Hugging can help us to sleep better.
- Hugging builds self-esteem and self-love.
- Hugging helps us to feel love and acceptance.
- Hugging is the best way to maintain a strong emotional bond.
- Hugging gives us empathy for others.
- Hugging helps us control our feelings.
- Hugging increases intimacy.
- Hugging allows us to give and receive comfort.
- Hugging tells a person that they matter.
- Hugging builds trust and a sense of safety.
- Hugging relaxes muscles.
- Hugging teaches us to let go and be present in the moment.
- Hugging encourages us to flow with the energy of life.
- Hugging connects us with our heart, feelings, and breath.
We must MUST MUST add hugging to our arsenal as we fight for our children/families. We have to be the ones to fill the need. It is way too costly for to have the need for physical touch to be met outside the family.
So GO HUG YOUR KIDS, your spouse…. The dog! Keep a count 4, 8, 12…. How many hugs are you going to give today because that is exactly how many you are going to get to! All the benefits they get from a hug you get too!