#158 Leadership is Worth the Fight (Feat. Julie Pierce)
Is everyone a kingdom leader?
That’s the question we unpack today. Julie Pierce joins us to answer our questions about leadership. Leadership is next level when it becomes KINGDOM leadership! We take the conversation into real-life situations.
“Every situation is a leadership situation. Every life lesson is a leadership lesson.” - Julie Pierce
We talk about:
- The identity of a Kingdom leader
- Training up Kingdom leaders (no matter what age)
- Leading when you aren’t in charge (by your example)
- Help kids be confident in every situation
Julie has 2 sons and she is passionate about raising them up to be leaders. Her desire is for them to walk into a room and be able to step up and lead if needed.
Parents, we are called to teach our kids to walk out in their Kingdom identity, this included being a Kingdom leader!
Here are other questions we answer:
- What is the difference between a worldly leader and kingdom leader?
- What have you learned about raising kingdom leaders over the years?
- What if your kid doesn’t believe they are a leader/ have no confidence/would rather just follow others?
- How do we pick up leadership skills? How do we train our kids to do the same
- How to lead by going first. What does this look like in everyday life?
We love the “along the way” leadership learning. We get to create places for our kids to become leaders through serving, teaching them skills, and calling out the leadership identity God placed inside them.
“What we celebrate, we replicate.” - Julie Pierce
The conservation landed on this idea of celebrating our kids when they lead and helping them know how to keep leading in future situations. Celebration is a leadership skill and as parents, when we celebrate our kids take notice!
Listen to this week’s podcast to learn how to speak Kingdom leader-identity over your kids. Julie speaks over her kids, “Lead well and shine your light.” It’s a simple phrase they consistently speak over their boys. They are seeing the fruit in their kids and you can too!