#163: Step into the Spiritual Fight (Feat. Colleen Stickl)
When God gave us the word FIGHT, this is what we wanted to talk about! What we are called to do as parents is fight on the spiritual realm for our kids.
Colleen Stickl, the wife of our lead pastor at Valley Creek, and fighter for families all over the world joins the CCF podcast to equip us on the spiritual warfare FIGHT!
Basics of Spiritual Warfare:
- Acknowledging we are in a battle
- The fight is happening everyday and we walk in authority
- Assume the battles are coming AND that we are never alone!
- Remember who you are and who we are fighting
"Ephesians 6:12 says, Our fight is not against flesh in blood (or toddlers and teenagers), it is against the rulers, the authorities, the powers of this dark world... The biggest battle is not what we can see with our eyes but against satan and his forces." - Colleen
Here are great questions to ask yourself as you grow in awareness about the spiritual fight:
- What do we know about the enemy?
- Can he be resisted?
- Does the enemy have power? Authority? What is the difference?
- How do we define the specific battle we feel or see?
- Is God bigger than this? Does he have authority? Do I?
How do we fight the spiritual battle as a parent?
- Renew your mind, replace them with God's truth
- Taking authority and teaching our kids to do it too!
- Believing and speaking out our identity
As parents, we see the battle for our kid's hearts. The more we are equipped to fight the less the enemy can do! Our kids are warriors and their salvation is at stake. If they have salvation, then he goes after their hearts. If their hearts are secure, he goes after their everyday peace and joy. We are called to fight for our kids and help them fight against darkness!
There is TOO MUCH GOLD in this podcast! Listen and share, today!
- Scripture PDF (Download today!)
- The Bible! The word of God is the sword of the spirit and a double-edged sword
- Peace Soundtrack from Valley Creek – truth soundtrack
- Follow the Cloud – by John Stickl