#196: Family Culture Made Simple - Correct Carefully
Are you a critical/harsh parent?
This week's episode hits on a culture pillar called Encouragement - specifically how to correct carefully. If your kids this you are harsh, critical, and correct too much, then this podcast is for you!
The 4 pillars of culture are:
- The Power of Encouragement
- Safe Haven
- Relational Discipline
The 4 declarations are:
- Encourage extravagantly and correct carefully
- Become a listener
- Move from parent control to self-control.
- Celebrate differences and establish values
In this episode, we are zooming in on the second part of the first declaration – CORRECT CAREFULLY
Our goal for today is to share how you can correct in ways to help our children instead of hurt them.
2 Timothy 4:1-2: “I give you this charge: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage – with great patience and careful instruction.”
Remember, correction is good! That verse tells us to correct.
As parents, it is our job to correct. The book of Proverbs talks so much about correcting your child.
- “Hear instruction/correction and be wise, and do not neglect it.” Proverbs 8:33“
- ...he who loves his son is diligent to correct him.” Proverbs 12:24“
- For the Lord corrects him whom he loves, as a father the son in whom he delights.” Proverbs 3:12