#202: Family Culture Made Simple: Safety in Questions (Feat. Lisa Johnson)
Do you know how to ask your kids the right questions?
We are diving back into our second culture pillar this week called Safe Haven. We have been talking about a lot of difference culture building topics but TODAY'S podcast will challenge and encourage you.
This week we have a special expert joining us Lisa Johnson. She is a family friend and professional psychiatrist. Her heart is for families to feel the freedom to ask for help.
We invited them Lisa to share her perspective on creating a safe haven for people through questions.
Here are some of the questions we discuss:
- What are questions we can ask our kids to help them feel safe?
- When they hide stuff from us, how do we approach talking to them about it?
- If something traumatic or bad happens, how to we approach them and the situation?
- What are things NOT TO DO when our child needs a safe place?
- How do we make our home physically safe for our kids?
- How do we make it emotionally safe?