#217: Holy Spirit, Bring on the Fruit! Week 5: Patience
The Fruit of the Spirit is something we HAVE because we are in step with the Holy Spirit...
That is what this series is all about! We are unpacking the fruit of PATIENCE today. All summer we have been learning to walk with the Holy Spirit. When we do, we will see His fruit in our lives.
Patience is waiting with JOY!
We created each definition with your kids in mind. The goal is for you to start saying them around your house and planting Holy Spirit fruit in your family's culture. Each definition is something we can remind them of throughout the day and helps us build culture in our home.
Romans 12:12 invites us to "be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." God invites us to be patient amidst good AND BAD moments in life.
Psalm 37:7 says, "be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!"
Here are a few highlights from the podcast:
- Fruits are linked and they work together for the good of our family.
- Long term patience vs. short term patience - how do we operate in both?
- Lacks of patience leads to "acts of the flesh" like we see in Galatians 5.
How do we personally walk in patience in every season?
- Focus on God and His character
- Remember your identity- you are the first example of God to your kids
- It's not about the season, it's about recognizing the invitation to practice patience
Listen to the rest of the podcast to hear how to plant patience in your kids - it's worth the listen!
There is SO MUCH in this podcast! Listen to the full episode today and share it with a friend who is longing to learn how to have a culture of patience in their home. Keep listening and start walking with the Holy Spirit today, bring on the fruit!